PTO Shaft for Disc Mower Discbines 1340
Our PTO shaft can be adapted to the models of these agricultural machines: Hesston 1340, 1345 / some CaseIH 8312, Massy Ferguson PTD 12, New Idea 5512
Original equipment is 55N Weasler 80 degree on the tractor side and a 50 degree CV on the discbine.
Input shafts are usually 1.50″ round. Please click here with your specifications.
1.5″ RD clamp
55N 80×50 Double CV
1.5″ RD clamp
55N 50 degrees CV half(implement)
55N 80 degrees CV half(tractor)
The PTO shaft of agricultural machinery. In the past, the PTO shaft was connected by a square tube. When the tractor was working in the field, there was a lot of dust. After the dust entered the square tube, the square tube and the square shaft were seriously worn, and the expansion and contraction were not smooth, resulting in damage to the cross bearings at both ends. As a result, the pins at both ends of the PTO shaft are seriously worn and inconvenient to disassemble, which is easy to causes the PTO shaft to
fall off and the PTO shaft to be damaged. The agricultural machinery universal joint PTO shaft comprises a universal joint, the left universal joint is connected with a spline sleeve, the right universal joint is connected with 1 end of a spline shaft, and the spline shaft is installed in the spline sleeve, a sealing sleeve is fixed on the outer diameter of the connection between the spline sleeve and the spline shaft, the spline sleeve is provided with a grease hole, and the grease hole is provided with a grease fitting. This product is used for rotary cultivators, micro cultivators, stubble removers, beaters, sprinkler irrigation
machines, rotary rakes, and other agricultural machines and tools connected with square tube PTO shafts in agricultural production.
What is Discbine?
In fact, CHINAMFG coined the term “Discbine,” which has become a popular name widely used to refer to any disc mower conditioner, regardless of brand. That’s not surprising, because even in harsh conditions, a true Discbine disc mower-conditioner can quickly turn a heavy CHINAMFG into a quick-drying bale or strip.
Installation of the PTO shaft
1.Apply lubricating grease (No.2 file base grease or gear oil as required) on the universal joint bearing, prepare the oil seal,put it on the cross shaft, press it into the universal joint fork, telescopic sleeve fork, and flange fork holes at the front and rear transmission shaft end respectively, and then install the cover plate and lock ring, tighten and lock it.
2.Apply grease to the telescopic sleeve of the drive shaft, then put the fork on the spline shaft of the rear PTO shaft and screw the oil seal cap.
3.Connect the flange fork of the front transmission shaft with the flange of the second PTO shaft and install the front PTO shaft on the middle support bracket of the transmission shaft. After combustion, install the cross joints at both ends of the rear transmission shaft CHINAMFG the flange fork of the front PTO shaft and the rear axle driving gear shaft with bolts and tighten the flange fixing bolts and nuts.
4.PTO shaft spline sheath and cross shaft oil nozzle must be complete.
We Also Supply PTO Shafts
PTO Shaft Manufacturer
Ever-power covers an area of more than 12000 square CHINAMFG and employs more than 100 people. We specialize in developing, manufacturing, and selling PTO shafts, industrial universal shafts, automobile drive shafts, universal joint coupling shafts, universal joints, etc. The annual turnover is 60 million yuan and 9 million US dollars, increasing year by year. Our products enjoy a high reputation among customers in Europe, the United States, Asia, Australia, and North America. We are the top 3 professional OEM suppliers of many agricultural tool factories in the domestic market. CHINAMFG transmission shaft adheres to our “QDP” principle: quality first, rapid delivery, and competitive price. We have obtained CE, TS / 16949, and ISO9001 certification, and have systematic production equipment and a QC team to ensure our quality and delivery. We warmly welcome friends from all walks of life to visit and establish mutually beneficial long-term cooperative relations.
|Agricultural Products Processing, Farmland Infrastructure, Tillage, Harvester, Planting and Fertilization, Grain Threshing, Cleaning and Drying
|Installation Guide 3-Year Warranty
How do tractor PTO shafts handle variations in load and torque during operation?
Tractor power take-off (PTO) shafts are designed to handle variations in load and torque during operation. They incorporate several mechanisms and features to ensure efficient power transfer and adaptability. Here’s a detailed explanation:
1. Slip Clutches: Many PTO shafts are equipped with slip clutches, which are designed to slip or disengage when the torque exceeds a certain threshold. This helps protect the PTO shaft and the driven implement from damage caused by sudden increases in load or torque. Slip clutches provide a level of safety by allowing the shaft to slip momentarily and absorb the excess torque, preventing breakage or overload.
2. Shear Pins: Some PTO shafts use shear pins as a safety mechanism. Shear pins are designed to break when the torque exceeds a specific limit. By breaking, the shear pin disconnects the PTO shaft from the driven implement, protecting the shaft and the implement from damage. Shear pins are replaceable, and their purpose is to safeguard the PTO system from excessive loads or unexpected obstructions.
3. Overrunning Clutches: Overrunning clutches, also known as freewheeling clutches, allow the PTO shaft to rotate freely in one direction while preventing reverse rotation. This feature is particularly useful when the driven implement’s inertia creates a lag in stopping or when the implement decelerates faster than the tractor. Overrunning clutches prevent the PTO shaft from transmitting reverse torque to the tractor, reducing stress on the transmission and improving safety and efficiency.
4. PTO Shaft Torque Limiters: Some PTO shafts incorporate torque limiters, which are devices that regulate the torque transmitted by the shaft. Torque limiters protect both the tractor and the implement by controlling the torque within a safe range. When the torque exceeds the set limit, the torque limiter disengages or slips, preventing damage to the PTO system and the driven implement. Torque limiters are adjustable and allow for customization based on the specific load requirements of different implements.
5. PTO Shaft Friction Plates: Friction plates are often used in PTO shafts to enhance the system’s ability to handle variations in load and torque. These plates provide additional frictional resistance, allowing the PTO shaft to transmit torque effectively while absorbing and dampening sudden changes in load. Friction plates minimize slippage and help maintain a consistent power transfer between the tractor and the implement.
6. Tractor Engine Power and Speed Control: Tractor PTO shafts handle variations in load and torque by allowing the tractor’s engine power and speed to be adjusted. By increasing the engine speed, the PTO shaft’s rotational speed can be adjusted to match the load requirements of the implement. This flexibility enables the tractor operator to optimize power delivery based on the specific task, ensuring efficient operation and preventing overload.
These mechanisms and features enable tractor PTO shafts to handle variations in load and torque during operation. Slip clutches, shear pins, overrunning clutches, torque limiters, friction plates, and the ability to control the tractor’s engine power and speed all contribute to the safe and efficient operation of the PTO system.
How do manufacturers ensure the compatibility and quality of tractor PTO shafts?
Manufacturers employ several measures to ensure the compatibility and quality of tractor PTO shafts. These measures include:
1. Design and Engineering: Manufacturers invest significant effort in designing and engineering PTO shafts to meet industry standards and specifications. They consider factors such as power requirements, torque capacity, rotational speed, and attachment methods. Through extensive research and development, manufacturers aim to create PTO shafts that are compatible with a wide range of tractors and agricultural implements.
2. Material Selection: High-quality materials are crucial for the durability and performance of PTO shafts. Manufacturers carefully select materials that can withstand the demanding operating conditions of agricultural machinery. Common materials include high-strength alloy steels for shafts, precision bearings for universal joints, and durable polymers for shielding components.
3. Quality Control: Manufacturers implement stringent quality control processes to ensure that each PTO shaft meets the required standards. This involves comprehensive inspections and tests at various stages of production, including material inspection, dimensional checks, and performance testing. Quality control measures help identify and rectify any defects or deviations from the specified tolerances.
4. Compliance with Standards: Tractor PTO shafts are designed and manufactured to comply with industry standards and regulations. These standards, such as ISO 500 and ASABE S318, outline the requirements for PTO shaft dimensions, safety features, and performance characteristics. Manufacturers ensure that their PTO shafts meet or exceed these standards to ensure compatibility and safety.
5. Compatibility Testing: Manufacturers conduct compatibility testing to verify the performance and compatibility of their PTO shafts with various tractors and agricultural implements. This testing involves rigorous assessments of factors such as attachment methods, alignment, power transmission efficiency, and dynamic loads. By testing their PTO shafts with different equipment models and configurations, manufacturers can identify any compatibility issues and make necessary adjustments.
6. Technical Support and Documentation: Manufacturers provide technical support to assist customers in selecting the appropriate PTO shafts for their specific requirements. They offer documentation, including product catalogs, technical specifications, and installation guides, to help users understand the compatibility and installation procedures. Clear instructions and support materials contribute to the proper selection and installation of PTO shafts.
By employing these measures, manufacturers ensure the compatibility and quality of tractor PTO shafts. Robust design and engineering, careful material selection, stringent quality control, compliance with standards, compatibility testing, and comprehensive technical support all contribute to the reliable performance and longevity of PTO shafts in agricultural applications.
How do tractor PTO shafts handle variations in torque, speed, and alignment?
Tractor PTO shafts are designed to handle variations in torque, speed, and alignment between the tractor and the implement. These shafts are crucial components in the Power Take-Off system, which transfers power from the tractor’s engine to the implement. Here’s how PTO shafts handle these variations:
- Variations in Torque: Torque refers to the rotational force applied to the PTO shaft. Tractor PTO shafts are designed to withstand different torque levels based on the power requirements of the implement. They are constructed using materials such as steel or composite materials that offer high strength and durability. Additionally, PTO shafts may incorporate torque-limiting devices such as shear pins or slip clutches. These devices allow the PTO shaft to disconnect or slip when the torque exceeds a certain threshold, protecting both the tractor and the implement from damage.
- Variations in Speed: Speed variations occur when the rotational speed of the tractor’s engine and the implement’s input shaft are different. PTO shafts can handle these variations through the use of universal joints. Universal joints allow for angular misalignment between the tractor and the implement and can accommodate different rotational speeds. The design of PTO shafts ensures smooth power transmission even when the tractor’s engine operates at a different speed than the implement requires.
- Variations in Alignment: Alignment refers to the precise positioning of the PTO shaft between the tractor and the implement. Tractor PTO shafts are designed to be adjustable in length, allowing for variations in the distance and alignment between the tractor’s PTO output shaft and the input shaft of the implement. This adjustability helps ensure proper alignment and engagement of the PTO shaft between the tractor and the implement. PTO shafts may also incorporate telescopic sections or splined ends to provide flexibility and accommodate differences in alignment.
Overall, tractor PTO shafts are engineered to handle variations in torque, speed, and alignment. They incorporate robust construction materials, torque-limiting devices, universal joints, and adjustable features to ensure efficient and reliable power transmission between the tractor and the implement. These design elements contribute to the safe and effective operation of agricultural and industrial equipment powered by PTO systems.
editor by CX 2023-11-09